Saturday, December 8, 2012

20 down 20 (more or less) to go!


I wanted to thank you for the kind words on my last post, funnily since I wrote it I had a couple of days with plenty of movements (and quite strong I have to say) which made me feel great. Then today not so much. So back into uneasiness (if not anxiety). But today is a good milestone and I took the post I wrote at the same time when i was pregnant with Oliver as it is a nice way to record feelings etc about the pregnancy. So here it goes!

How Far Along: 20 weeks
Total Weight Gain: happy to say I'm up 6kg while with Oliver I was up a whopping 11kg!
Maternity Clothes: yes, can't really wear anything else and my wardrobe is quite limited! (unchanged! as per the original post)
Symptoms: I feel well, I'm not swollen which is a big plus, but I find going up the stairs (with or without holding Oliver) is tiring. My nose is a bit blocked but apparently I am not snoring like the first time around. Occasional headaches. Boobs are one size up (DD) and had to buy new bras. Sex drive is GOOD!
Stretch marks: I have not noticed any new ones!
Sleep: I’m sleeping ok, getting up once or twice to pee and occasionally I may have to get up if Oliver cries but thankfully this is rarer and rarer. Occasionally I have to have a very early night, like I can be in bed by 9pm and it feels great.
Best Moment of the Week: Mike feeling Phoenix moving. We are definitely ahead on this milestone this time around.
Movement: I feel movements every day now, but the frequency can be very very different. I think it's definitely more defined than at the same stage with Oliver, but for the moment afternoon and evenings are the most active times while the morning can be totally quiet.
Food cravings: not really anything in particular, but definitely sweet things of all sorts, preferably chocolate based. (unchanged! as per the original post)

Gender: Don't know! We think we may go for a surprise! Feeling strongly it's another boy!
What I Miss: Nothing at all, I wouldn't trade this for anything.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Honestly? Having Phoenix here with us. Everything in between is a mix of anxiety and what ifs. (unchanged but for the name! as per the original post)
Weekly Wisdom: Let go of things I cannot control.
Milestones: Half way through the pregnancy! Unbelievable, this time around it absolutely flew by.
Emotions: doing well I think, but I am less patient though I'm trying really hard not to be. If I feel anxious about the pregnancy I listen to Phonix heartbeat which is averaging in the mid 130 (Oliver was 150 at this stage).Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan on wednesday, please please please let it all look good.

That's it for now, will post a new belly pic to show the growth since week 15!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fran, A lovely update :) I know your anxiety is no fun to deal with but can I just thank you for sharing (esp the previous post) as it makes me relax a little to know i'm not alone. I think it is impossible to shelve the anxiety completely and I am just aiming for a mix of moments that are positive with the knowledge that my anxiety will always be there too. Its so cool to see the comparison between oliver and phoenix and it must be comforting to have that to compare to.
Thinking brilliant thoughts for your anatomy scan on Wednesday, cant wait to hear how it goes xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. As someone who has a lot of anxiety, it can be horrible. But, know that so many of us are sending you our good thoughts!! And, I can't wait to hear if you and Mike decide to find out the gender or not.

Happy 20 weeks!!

Big hugs!!!

tireegal68 said...

Ooh Squeeee! Glad you are feeling a little less anxious, but I'm sure it will ebb and flow - although of course I hope you stay calm - you know that!
I am curious about the sex but you have to do what feels right! Do you have names picked out? Very excited for you to be at this milestone!
Big hugs, friend! Thx for email - will reply soon!

Life Happens said...

Half way there!! Yay. I'm glad things are still going well. I can't believe you're not going to find out the sex of the baby! It'll be a nice surprise in the delivery room. :)