Sunday, April 22, 2012

Not much to say

I don't really have an update on the family situation yet, I decided to write a letter to the therapist explaining the situation which I thought was beneficial so that our conversation could be more productive. Hopefully she'll let me know when we can chat. I am still definitely not over this and though they skype me almost every day (to see Oliver) my conversation is kept to the minimum and I have decided I'm always going to say that Oliver is well, that he had a great day, regardless. I just don't want to prompt any comments.

In other news Oliver is great, despite a vomiting bug he got at the beginning of last week and that lasted a few days, his nights were uneventful and if he woke he would go back to sleep on his own. Again, just sayin' and recording it for the future.

5 comments:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Oh Fran, I keep thinking about your past few posts, not sure what to say. My heart goes out to you for what you went through long ago and what you've gone through recently.

With some people telling them virtually nothing is really the best tactic. The more perceptive ones may eventually find out some things that you omitted and ask why you didn't tell them, but many are too oblivious to notice.

Love to you -- and hope that you escape the vomiting bug.

Life Happens said...

I hope the Skype session with the therapist will go well.

Hugs to Oliver too! Glad he can go back to sleep on his own. ;)

Alex said...

So glad to hear that things have calmed down a bit since your parents left. Amazing how Oliver can sleep well on his own... :)

Mina said...

I hope that you can get over this and that the therapist can help you feel better. You know you are doing what needs to be done, by everyone, your child, your parents, so on.
A least Oliver is doing great and you're back to normal at home. :-)
Hang on. This too shall pass. You can still love your parents and have a good relationship with them, even if you don't tell them every little detail. It is what it is and when you can accept that, things will be better, din't you think?
Hugs.

Jonelle said...

Oh Fran, I've just read the last five posts of yours, and I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this stress. I hate when certain experiences drudge up the past.

I can't imagine having to deal with your particular parent dynamic (I have my own unique one, I'm the only child and daughter of a single mother, try juggling that with a husband. I'm constantly accused of not spending enough time with her.)

What does Mike say? Does he intervene when your parents are controlling?

I'm all for therapy. I hope a chat with your therapist can help you sort your feelings.

Thinking of you, hon.