Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Home sweet home

We are back!
Holiday was fab as always but this time we were eaten by mosquitoes (Oliver not so much thank to a mosquito net and citronella and geranium essential oils) and the temperature in the last few days was unbearably hot even up in the hills. This made for some very interesting nights... Oliver was back to waking every couple of hours, I also couldn't sleep much and Mike and I got a few headaches from heat and dehydration.

But the positives were so many more.

Oliver is now sitting up on his own! Still loves to bath in the little pool and he's eating practically everything which is great. He also discovered his willy and oh boy the fun he's having every time we change the nappy/bath/shower/naked time etc. I'm told it's very normal, but the way he's pulling at it looks painful! Again I'm told it isn't.
Peeing and pooing in the toilet is going great, admittedly in Italy he was drinking so much water that it was difficult to catch every pee, but he certainly knows that when I hold him over the loo it's the signal to pee/poo if he has to. He has successfully used toilets at airports and even on the plane! He's very vocal, nearly always smiling and he's very cuddly. He hugs us any time we pick him up from bed and he's started stretching his arms out when he's tired to sit/stay where he is.

I think we all gained a bit of weight (damn for me!!) despite playing tennis and doing regular walks, but I'll go back to yoga soon and I'll start bringing Oliver to the local pool this weekend! I have a plan, let's hope it'll work!

In other news, I'm waiting for AF to show up to start my ICSI cycle with elective freezing!! Really excited but also soooooooooo much more relaxed knowing we already had one miracle, and if we get a second it'll only be an additional blessing.

I'll get back to commenting asap!

7 comments:

Valery said...

Oh sweety, you sounds so bubbly and happy!!! glad you had such a wonderful time. I'm always amazed hearing about Oliver wee, even in a plane loo. Is it weird that I'm proud of you and him?

Very exciting about starting a new cycle. Does elective freezing mean you will freeze all (good looking) embryos and not transfer anything now? I just came off a Spanish clinic website, they said that with Vitrification the results of frozen cycles are near 95% of fresh cycles.
That sounds so much more sensible than, well the drop from 25 (fresh IVF) to 10 percent (FET) is ehhh 40% of your original chance of a miracle.
Deep sigh, the things we do to build our family.....
Glad to have you back!
hugs

The Hopeful Elephant said...

I'm glad you're back!!! I've missed you!

That's all...much love to all!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!!! I am glad you had a great time!!

Momasita said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Will we get to see any photos?

St Elsewhere said...

First of all.....super super super good luck for the ICSI.

And am so glad Oliver is able to tell you about when he needs to pee/poo. You will not have potty training as much nightmarish as it is slated to be.

Take Care!

Alex said...

Welcome home!!! So good to hear from you! That's so cool that Oliver is doing so well going to the bathroom - so impressed! And I'm super excited to hear all about your upcoming cycle!!!

C said...

Very glad you're back and had such a nice time. I can't wait for you to start the next ICSI cycle.