Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Award time!


It was ages I wasn't posting an award. I admit I got a bit lazy in the last few months and while I was of course pleased with the award I was receiving (my awesome cyber friends...I love you all!) I kind of never got around to pass them on.
Anyway, I decided enough of the nonsense and I'm back on the award game, watch out!

This one is "The Versatile Blogger" award and I got it from lostintranslation @ We say IVF they say FIV. I "found" her during this last ICLW week and I always feel so close to those who have moved Country, so go and see how she's doing in France! She had her first IVF baby in 2009 and is trying for #2.

With blog awards come rules, so here they are:
A) Grab the award: check!
B) Link back to the person who gave it to you: lostintranslation @ We say IVF they say FIV
C) Share 10 things about yourself: I'll try and say 10 new things!

1) My first boyfriend is now a priest...not much of a saint at that time, let me tell ya, but they say people change...I actually cannot think of him without a shiver...brrhhh...and thank God I've never seen him robed up since he vowed himself to celibacy or I would probably gag...

2) Within my family (old and new) we never call each other by proper name, in fact we have nicknames that change with time and it's great fun. Humans or animals your real name is soon forgotten!

3) My first pet was a dog. I was 16 and her name was Trudy.

4) One of the things that annoys me about IF is the number of years I worried about birth control and money spent on condoms! (a significant part of which with named ex-boyfriend at #1!)

5) I used to believe quite a bit in alternative therapies, now not so much.

6) I feel these blog awards are a little like those chain emails (thankfully without a threat at the end!)

7) I still follow and comment on the first blog I ever read

8) My past relationships seemed to get boring after around 3 years. This one is obviously of a different kind!

9) I got married the first time when I was 24. As per point above I turned that page at 27.

10) I'm a gadget addict though the iPad never really grabbed my attention.
D) Award 15 recently discovered blogs: this is way too many! I'll cut it down to 5...

4. Tishi

6 comments:

Ms2Mrs..back to Ms said...

Thanks for the award. I'm flattered that you found my blog to be interesting enough for an award. Hope everything is going well on your end.

linda said...

Thank you Fran!! :-) I never thought in a million gazillion years that I'd get an award for anything IVF related. LOL! :-)) I will wear my award with honor!

Love,
Linda

lostintranslation said...

Ah, you did this so much better than me! Thanks for the love. And I absolutely agree with #6 ;-)

Mrs. Lemon said...

Thanks Fran! You are the best. I don't know how I would have made it so far in this journey without you and your words of wisdom.

Project Baby said...

Congrats on your award! I loved the fun facts too.

Anonymous said...

So many interesting things I didn't know about you! The first point being the juciest bit! I do like the nickname thing - would you be willing to share what nicknames Oliver has already been dubbed with?