Sunday, November 15, 2009

Brand new Fran

I have it!! I have my new toy!! Yes ladies the new computer is here and I love it....oh the pleasure of fast response to commands, the new features of the OS...no no it's not a Mac, that's what my sis has but I chickened out and bought another Win based laptop! And being a gadget addict I have spend hours with it already...

And sure being in Italy just forced me to by new clothes and shoes! They sell them in Dublin too of course, but...ah well, you just cannot compare them!

Everyone here is well and altough I'll fly back tomorrow, I have another work committment here early in December, so...ah well, I'll just have to come back again, poor me... :o) but next time Mike will probably not come so travelling will be a bit less fun.
And the food. Oh yes, it's the chestnuts season and I nearly ODeed on them!
What can I do to have Ireland importing them regularly? How is it that they don't have them? You should see the stuff they sell, apples imported from New Zeland... pears from South Africa...oranges from Brazil....come on, keep at least normal fruit local and bring in the chestnuts from mainland Europe! Am I asking too much?

12 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad you are having a good time and enjoying your trip to Italy.

I have to admit that I've never had a roasted Chestnut...

tireegal68 said...

I love roasted chestnuts! I say you need to start a business and import them yourself! Wow - trips to Italy for work, sweet!!! Your new computer sounds fab!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your new computer. I recently got my new computer (a mac), and I know how you feel!

Your trip to Italy sounds so wonderful and relaxing. I am jealous. I haven't been back to Italy in years!

I hope you have a wonderful week.

Mad Hatter said...

You sound fabulous! Congrats on the new toy! And yes, write a letter to the Irish government - it's a travesty that you cannot get chestnuts there - they have NO idea what they're missing! ;-)

Photogrl said...

It sounds like a wonderful time!

Mmmm...roasted chestnuts.

Best When Used By said...

New computer, new clothes and shoes, a belly full of roasted chestnuts and a fun trip home. Now THAT's living! I'm so glad you feel brand new and happy. Enjoy playing on the computer!

Anonymous said...

Oooh those chestnuts look AWESOME! Glad you've had a great time :)

xxx

Momasita said...

You know I've heard about roasted chestnuts (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, jack frost nipping at your nose etc), but I didn't think people actually ate them anymore. I have never tasted this delicacy. Now I want some. If you're successful in your bid to get them shipped to Ireland, send them to Canada too!

Colour me green with envy for your trip to Italy. One day I will make it over the pond and take a walking tour there.

CJ said...

I am so jealous!! :) I love ITaly!

C said...

You sound fabulous! Glad you are enjoying time at "home" and congrats on the new toy.

Fertility Chick said...

Enjoy that new toy of yours - and enjoy the new shoes and clothes even more!! Sounds wonderful!

It's been ages since I've had roasted chestnuts...now I'm craving them!

Heather said...

Oh my word, roasted chestnuts are still a real thing? I thought they were a food of yore that just lived on in that Christmas song. I think I'm living in the wrong little corner of the world. :)

ICLW